Wednesday 27 May 2015

Learning Style Preferences -- Apparently a Myth

Somewhere, along the line, I learnt my learning style preference is visual (I can hear myself telling others - I am a visual learner please show me what you mean). The source of this past information (fact I believed about myself) has been long forgotten.

This week in the PIDP 3250 Instructional Strategies course I am experiencing the pleasure of hosting a Discussion Forum on the topic of Learning Styles. It was most surprising to learn that the topic of Learning Styles Preferences has been the subject of a multitude of research / studies undertaken this decade to confirm a direct correlation with learning style preferences and learning outcomes and the proof has been in-conclusive.

For a sample of this you can check out the e-article 'The Myth of Learning Styles' written by Christopher Pappas, August 6, 2013 by clicking this link: http://elearningindustry.com/the-myth-of-learning-styles


No comments:

Post a Comment