Sunday 14 June 2015

Motivation is the Portal to Engagement (Barkley, E p. 15)



Seriously contemplating 'what is my motivation' and asking, "How does it keep me going through the sacrifices I make part of my work life balance?"

I am a planner -- I want to know where I am going in life. I do my best to set myself up so the future will include freedom to explore and enjoy -- I gamble carefully with the present moments.

For me, there must be a purpose to my efforts. When I have this I am motivated to engage. Learning this week was tough -- creating my digital project. I am proud of my accomplishments, see the   improvement over the last two digital projects. See the value in knowing how to create this type of learning material and am looking forward to sharing it. 

I truly enjoyed reading chapters one to four of the  Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty (Barkley, E pg. 15, 2010)

Also, want to share this song sample from Kelly Rowland's album on iTunes:




No comments:

Post a Comment