Wednesday 10 June 2015

Creating a Digital Project

I was feeling like I was going to do alright...when I started out.

Heck, I have two previous digital projects under my belt just in the past year. I thought this would make it easier this time.

Being brave I felt it was a smart plan to notch up the learning goal by trying something new. I would use one of the programs other students had used for turning my PowerPoint into a digital video to post on-line. This coupled with the slight variations in the newer version of PowerPoint and for a Mac gave me lots of niggles to wiggle with.

Everything going well and I am feeling pretty good about it. When the smart advise from my PIDP 3250 Instructor Doug Mauger, pops in my mind: "Make sure you take a few minutes to make sure everything works". I think he said fifteen minutes?

Well that didn't work out so well!

I had trouble ...  capturing the part of my screen I wanted to show, then I couldn't get the slides to advance once uploaded. The few minutes had turned into hours then days...

By 11:00 pm last night I had to do some serious self-reflection. Maybe, it was time to change direction and revert back to the program I had past success with for uploading PowerPoint to digital video? I had to get the darn thing to work, so I made the change...

Voila, things fell into place and I fell into bed at 11:45 pm exhausted and my mind finally let up about it so I could sleep.

Worrying, that my contributions in building a learning community with my PIDP 3250 fellow students has been lacking. I managed to take the time to see the great work that has been posted in the 'Showcase your digital project' forum. Here is an infographic by Alena Buis that is really interesting, both in concept and design:  https://alenabuis.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/buis-assignment-1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment