Monday 1 June 2015

Self-Assessment and Reflection Using Visual Prompts/Symbols

Words fill my pages, pen in hand, focused intention to do everything possible to embed the learning into my long term memory...because it is safest there...safe from forgetting...or as safe as my thoughts can be.

Perhaps, I still have some researching to do to uncover the meaning of the mysterious clue instructor Doug Mauger is telling me:  

Susan (he writes)...

"When we look at visible learning in the discussion we will find what the research has to say about reflecting on our learning....it is most revealing..."

I googled a bit and found an interesting webpage that talks about self-reflection in the learning process. Near the end of the article the subject of visualization comes up and for me an 'aha' moment. I consider first the images I conjure up in my mind... and then those I can put in front of me through photography, art, or other symbols that represent what I am learning...thinking about...for the future, and how I would like to utilize that learning then or now on my way there.

http://www.shabait.com/about-eritrea/art-a-sport/16507-reflection-in-the-learning-process

Another, important technique, I read about tonight, for storing learning in long term memory is a good night's sleep... http://psychology.about.com/od/cognitivepsychology/p/forgetting.htm...time to do an experiment on that advice now.


No comments:

Post a Comment