Wednesday 3 June 2015

New Blogger Blues

Wow, what a night!

One of my learning goals for this evenings study time was to post a link to my Flickr account. Along the way I experienced some difficulties (and frustration) and could not log-in to my Blog. The url worked in my browser?

Newly converted from PC to Mac and tonight of all nights Flickr required me to perform a software task. Then the trouble started! How I felt like giving up...so I thought about the consequences:

1. Embarrassment
2. Leaving behind something I put lots of energy into
3. Having to start again
4. A two blog assignment submission
5. Giving up on something I care about

None were options. Long story short I figured out where I went wrong, got back in, and got the goal accomplished ... voila! Here is the link to my Flickr account:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seriously_suzie/albums

“Students must have confidence that, with appropriate effort, they can succeed. If no hope, there is no motivation (Cross and Steadman (1996), Barkley, E p.11)

Emotions helped me maintain persistence and believe it was possible to overcome the obstacle.

It rings true for me, in spite of sometimes feeling frustrated, I am happy learning because: I am doing what I care about, and caring about what I am doing.

On that note, here is a link to another way to use emotion to learn and enjoy such things as new blogger blues:

http://www.guitarcontrol.com/blog/category/lead-guitar-ideas/






No comments:

Post a Comment